Saturday, December 26, 2009

Catching up!

Wow...So sorry I haven't written on here in such a very long time! Lots happened... but first my mom got really sick, and had to go stay a few times in some place that wasn't here at home where she belonged. She came home smelling all sorts of medicine-y, and it took her time to be able to walk, and then run.

But then we spent LOTS of time working on various things, and planning, and doing a bunch of other things I don't understand...but in the end, we all went away for over a WEEK! It was so much fun, 'cause I got so MUCH attention! I showed off in harness, and played on some agility stuff, and went in a show ring and we left with those pretty ribbons my mom likes so much..best part though was that I got groomed at least once a day- and you all know how much I love grooming......I wish every week was all about me....it was just as it should be.

And now we've been working really hard on our agility training. Even though I had fun when we went away, I guess mom needs me to be better at some things...I think she needs to find a way to be more clear when she tells me what she wants. I admit though, sometimes I just don't pay attention...so maybe we both need to communicate better with each other.

Mom is also trying to teach me to chase and bring back a toy...now, I'll do most anything for food, and I like to play with toys..well, when I feel like it. But why would I go get and bring back something a human threw?? I think if she wanted it, she shouldn't have thrown it away. Duh.
But I'll think about it. What she's doing right now, is she's using click and treat methods..I love getting her to click, and she's clicking me for touching these two special toys with my nose. Yesterday I actually DID bring her the red firehose toy, and then she played tug with me for a minute, before she gave me a piece of chicken and put the toy away. I don't usually like playing tug with people, only with my uncle Ash...but it was kind of fun! I might do it again. Maybe. The other special toy is a bright green ball, she calls it a "tennis" ball. It's sort of fun how it bounces, and I like to watch it, and then grab it after it stops bouncing. So we'll see....I might be willing to give it a try. I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment