Saturday, March 28, 2009

ESCAPE!

I escaped today!!! I dug a hole right under the fence out behind the garage, at the back of the flower bed! Uncle Ash followed me too, so I knew I dug it good, 'cause he's BIG!
BUT: mom busted us immediately- She came running down the back stairs in her pajamas, she looked so funny all frantic!! She called us and opened the gate from our neighbor's back yard that goes back onto our own driveway, and Uncle Ash went right to her- he's so dumb! I thought about running the other way, but I thought maybe he was gonna get something good, and I do love my mom...so she took us across the driveway and put us back in the yard, and then we ran back to the hole, but she beat us there somehow.....weird...
So she called us all excited and raced us back to the back door, and she let us inside the house. We ran around and put muddy pawprints on the bed for a few minutes, and when she let us back outside, my hole was GONE! She fixed it somehow, there's a whole extra section of fencing there, I have no idea how she did that so fast. But she says I'm gonna have to be kept tied up outside now if she's not out there with me, until the whole fenceline can be made impervious again. Like that's gonna happen!? But it's not fair- she trusts Uncle Ash and Rhya to be loose but not me! Apparently this is all my old uncle Stony's fault...he taught me this neat digging trick last summer. I'd forgotten all about it, but then today there were squirrels! They were on the other side of that fence, just taunting me! They thought I couldn't get them, well I showed them, you should have seen them run for the trees when I got through that fence, HA!
But then I got tied up. That's no fun. Mom says it's for my own good though- she was really scared I'd get out to the front yard and into the street, and I guess that could be bad. And when I'm tied up, I still have a huge section of yard to play in, and I can get to the kennel doorway where I like to sleep, and also up on the porch under the roof where it's cool and shady- I just can't get out to the back section of the yard. So I guess it's not really all that bad, it just keeps me closer to the house.
We had fun later though: Rhya and I did some harness work, practicing our pulling skills in the yard. I LOVE when the harnesses come out, it means I'm going to get to flex my powerful muscles! I get so excited and leap around, and I can hardly stand still for the harness to get put on! Mom was really surprised today though- she'd been noticing that my mom Rhya's harness was getting a little snug on me, but it was the smallest one in the house...well today she tried old Uncle Stony's harness on me, and IT FIT! It fit me almost as good as it ever fit HIM! Stony was MAD though, he HATES being retired...but he said later that if anyone's going to wear his harness, he's glad it's me. We mostly get along, but he's really grouchy, you have to always watch your step around him. Anyway, after a few pulls and lots of praise and reward, mom turned me & Rhya loose and played with us in the yard- mostly kicking a ball around and encouraging us in our games of chase and tag- we ran and ran and ran...until finally we just couldn't run anymore!
what a great day! I hope we have another one just like it tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Tassi! ice to meet cha & welcome to Dogs With Blogs! Oh my, you've been a notty notty girl. My hoomans would have been frantic too if we did that. But we are good girls. Hee! Has she forgiven you & your Uncle yet?

    Belly jiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squirrels! Did you say squirrels? That explains everything. Who cares about holes when there's squirrels to catch!

    Wiggles,
    Brind'Amour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome, Amber-Mae! And it's nice to meet you, too, And Brind'Amour!
    My mom forgave us right away- she was just so glad we didn't get out to the street...you wait, though, I'm gonna get one of those squirrels! Some day....

    ReplyDelete