Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Click!

Tonight was school night! We did some shaping and clicker stuff tonight- I love being the "demo dog", it's my chance to show my smarts! I was working toward putting my feet in a laundry basket, and I was doing fine until the basket jumped out at me and scared me! Aaaahhhhh! It moved all on it's own, right at me- I swear I'd just barely set my foot on the edge of it..so scary! But I showed I was brave again! Once I was sure it was sitting still, I worked up the courage to come right back and start touching it again. Mom gave me a yummy "jackpot" of treats when I put my chin on the basket, and then we called it quits. It's kind of funny, making her wait for me to do something that she'll click for..sometimes I can REALLY make her wait, too! Hee hee wooo!
It was actually kind of neat: see, the other dogs in my class haven't worked with clicker training before, so I'm glad they got a chance to see that I can do it, and I hope they can too! So now this week we have "homework"- my mom has to teach me a new trick before class next week... I know I can learn whatever she comes up with, but I think her imagination might be a little limited... I already know how to shake paws, and of course sit and down and stand, and I know to "touch" my nose to her hand or a target, and to "look".... so now, what else??? Oh, and I almost know how to bow already, so we can't use that... any suggestions, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. We're working on clicker training too.

    My latest trick to go get in the bathtub when Momma tells me that my feety feet are dirty but it would be hard to take a bathtub to class.

    Brice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brice that's a really smart trick! I bet your momma's proud of you for teaching her to click for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tassi!
    I saw your name on DWB and wanted to come and say hello!
    Good job with those tricks!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete