Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Going to School

OK, so last night we got to go to Agility class! I LOVE agility class- I like doing pretty much anything, but going to school is great! We have so much fun...
Last night, I made mom really happy- I started getting the idea to drive ahead to the next obstacle without needing to turn back to mom to make sure she was coming along. It's easy, I'm not sure why this was a problem- I think she just wasn't telling me that's what she wanted.
And then I REALLY made her happy: I took the Aframe hard and fast, but remembered (well, she might've reminded me, but I could'a done it on my own) to get into a 2 on -2 off contact position..and then I STAYED there while she got a short lead-out to the next jump! Mom was so proud - if she's this happy when I do something so simple, I don't know what I'm going to do with her when I show her how to do something harder...
Mom did say something about needing to remember that I'm still learning, and she needs to give me clearer direction...she's used to running my dog-mom, Rhya, and Rhya likes it best when mom is quiet and understated. I bet I'll get there too someday, but I think she needs to work a little harder for a while!
Mom's training me differently, she says, than she's trained dogs before- she's always very positive, but I guess she's letting me make choices to learn without always just telling me or showing me what she wants...whatever it is that's different, it sure is FUN! I love figuring out what I can do to make her click the clicky-thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment